COVID-19 has had a dramatic effect on hundreds of millions of people worldwide. Many businesses with robust marketing plans that relied on the opportunity to meet new potential clients face-to-face have been challenged with having to change their marketing strategy. In the face of the COVID-19 pandemic and lack of ability to meet with existing and potential clients face-to-face, businesses have shifted to acquiring prospects and new clients through digital methods.
MoneyShow, traditionally a producer of large-scale, face-to-face events has pivoted its business to allow companies to continue to meet affluent investors and active traders by creating and deploying its new proprietary virtual expo platform.
Since March of 2020, MoneyShow has produced seven virtual expos and will produce eight more before the end of the year.
The virtual expos that have been produced, so far, were well received by experts, attendees, and clients alike. There have been more than 60,000 registrations and over 33,000 attendees for the seven virtual expos MoneyShow has produced.
These statistics not only speak to the strength of MoneyShow’s network of more than 1,500 experts who provide specific, actionable advice for investors and traders, but it also shows that investors—in a volatile market that keeps notching all-time highs—are still actively seeking opportunities to profit, while simultaneously safeguarding their portfolios.
And, while MoneyShow has an existing database of more than 1.1 million investors, traders, and financial advisors who learn about these virtual expos from our promotions, it’s interesting to note that, on average 46% of the people who have attended the seven virtual expos to date are new to MoneyShow’s database. These are self-directed investors taking the responsibility of growing and protecting their portfolios into their own hands.
From a business perspective, many of us have had our fair share of disappointments in one way or another as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic. However, it’s important for all of us to look for the silver lining that comes from any unfortunate situation.
The silver lining MoneyShow has found by producing its virtual events is four-fold.
- Because of the ease of access and ability to participate in our virtual expos, we are seeing a nice influx of new companies who want to tell their story to investors and traders. By incorporating 30-minute presentations into their participation at our virtual expos our clients are telling their story to a wider and engaged audience. For the clients who want to collect leads, we pass along the list of those attendees who watch their presentation, visit their virtual booth, and/or download their corporate materials.
- The number of new investors (as mentioned above) spells success for multi-expo participating companies. Whether you chalk it up to more people having time to participate in a virtual event or the dilemma of “how am I going to make money in this environment,” there is a tremendous number of people who are making their investment portfolio a priority. Either way, we are excited for new people to join our network and for our clients to meet these high-net-worth investors.
- The demographic profile of virtual event attendees is impressive. After each virtual expo, we collect data about those who register and attend our virtual expo from a number of different sources. Holistically, across the events that we produced (and for those people for whom we were able to collect data) we have identified the statistics below:
Virtual Expo Attendee Demographic Profile:
Average net-worth: $3.341 million
66% - Has a net worth of $1 million - $3 million
17% - Has a net worth of $3 million - $5 million
12% - Has a net worth of $5 million - $10 million
5% - Has a net worth of over $10 million
40% - Owns at least one rental property
47% - Owns multiple properties
- Clients are receiving TONS of highly qualified and engaged leads of affluent investors and traders. Not only are the people who attend MoneyShow virtual expos affluent, but they are also engaged and active within the virtual platform. As a result, clients who pack their virtual expo booths with great materials and have an engaging 30-minute presentation during the event are finding success, not only because they have the opportunity to brand their company and products in front of a highly qualified audience, but they are also receiving a tremendous number of relevant
MoneyShow Virtual Event Platform Engagement and Lead Statistics:
Companies collect leads through MoneyShow’s virtual event platform in several different ways. First, anyone who visits their virtual booth becomes a lead. On the back end, when clients log into their dashboard and download their lead list, they find that every interaction taken by an attendee within their virtual booth was recorded and provided to the client. Whether an attendee watched a live webinar, watched a video on-demand, downloaded client materials, clicked on a banner, entered a prize drawing, or did a number of other things—all of these metrics are available. In addition, based on that action, we’ve created a “lead score” within these lead lists, which identify people (and allow clients to sort) from most engaged to least engaged. This gives our clients the ability to quickly identify and prioritize their prospects.
- Average company presentation views: 353
- Average number of leads per company: 732
This sounds nice, right? There is a huge quantity of investors, affluent ones—and they’re engaging with companies that participate, but some financial services companies are still skeptical. Inevitably, they ask the question:
“Will I see an ROI if I incorporate virtual events into my new marketing plan?”
While the success of your virtual presence depends on a number of different factors, we have heard from many happy clients. I’ll write another article on my view of the key components that make up a successful virtual expo program, but in the meantime, here are a few comments from clients who participate in MoneyShow virtual expos.
"We are honored to be a part of the online conference and have been very successful with them generating over $34,000 in sales. It has a had a very positive impact on our business. MoneyShow always organizes top-notch events, and has done a great job adapting to the recent pandemic by providing high-quality online education to their attendees."
— Jeff Tompkins, President & Chief Investment Strategist, Altos Trading
"We moved a record $750,000 worth of coins out the door! What a fantastic Virtual MoneyShow! During the metals and mining track the amount of traffic we saw at our virtual booth was beyond any expectations we could’ve had. We had over 600 attendees view our live presentation alone and after the presentation the phones started lighting up."
— Brian Aspen, Founder, Preferred Coin Exchange
"We had an amazing experience with MoneyShow's Virtual Event! The event has provided Kineta, Inc. with several investments within a month of the event and dozens of new highly qualified investor leads. We look forward to working with the MoneyShow team in the future."
— Kenneth R. North, SVP, Corporate Development, Kineta, Inc.
If you’d like to discuss your marketing goals, virtual expo participation strategy, and receive a demo of MoneyShow’s proprietary platform to see if participation is right for you—please reach out! I’d love to hear from you.
For questions please contact our Partnership Team at 800-970-4355 or 941-955-0323