Trade shows are a massive gathering of affluent, educated, and experienced prospective customers, but some potential exhibitors don’t explore this marketing venue because they think the costs are too high. In essence, though, their failure to succeed is really a failure to efficiently generate leads. Major companies regularly exhibit at trade shows and conferences using these strategies to generate highly-qualified leads:
- Generate pre-show attention: Inform prospective visitors of your location. Give them a reason to stop by, or make an appointment to talk to them one-on-one.
- Offer a value prospect: Make attendees want to talk to you. Have a post-show plan to send materials directly to an e-mail or office address, and promptly follow-up.
- Stop them in their tracks: With only about eight seconds to make a good impression, your booth must present benefits that stop passers-by in their tracks.
- Get social: Live-stream, tweet, or post regular Facebook updates to keep engaged with attendees.
- Participate in show opportunities: Ask the show producer about sponsorship or speaking opportunities, set up product workshops, use badge scanners, or capitalize on their social media opportunities. Some offer webcasts, digital, streaming or virtual media opportunities that will present your business to an even wider audience.
- Don’t stop: Keep working to contact those leads, remind them of what they saw, and motivate them to work with you.
With the right approach and strategy, trade shows and exhibitions can be lucrative lead generation opportunities. MoneyShow has been holding investment conferences that benefit financial service companies since 1981. The next marketing opportunity is MoneyShow Las Vegas, which will be held May 14-16, 2018 at Bally's/Paris in Las Vegas. Click here to inquire or call 1-800-226-0323 to learn more about growing your business by participating in investment conferences.